As it is

As it is

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Final Grind

I think now I am definietely due to book in a massage! I finished the final grind on the floors in the house on saturday arvo, what a revolting job, well, not totally I don't have to watch the kids while I'm doing it, waz is onto that thank goodness. It looks great, just got the hand grinder part in the mail today so we can do the edges, "we" being warwick not me! Then I can clean it all up and THEN stain! Kitchen guys due out on Tuesday morning to start facing (http://www.remingtonkitchens.com.au/). Had the council guy out today to check the waterproofing and its all totally fine, thanks to Glenn Swift and his crew for that, looking forward to the tiling starting soon. Hoping to get Maurice up next week or this to do a bit more finishing around doors and windows. Its all coming together nicely, I'm onto doing the second then final coat of sealer on the doors, used a satin rather than a gloss finish which looks amazing! Planning to track down some beeswax off Dad to start treating "the tree" in the lounge room. Using a mix of beeswax and pure turpentine and then just using old rags to rub it in. ALSO ordered our fireplace today, The Nectre Mega, will heat up to 40 squares (thats pretty huge) and will last us forever. Can boil the kettle and brew soup on top, will be installed within the month. VERY exciting stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Good you are getting your fire in before winter kicks in, we have one here and we live in the tropics, love being able to have the kettle on.

    ReplyDelete