As it is

As it is

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today

SO excited! Finally tiling is starting on Thursday and Glenn tells me he is confident it will be finished by Tuesday because they will work over the weekend! Hoping my floor stain comes in the post by Friday and that will be my job on the weekend. Using another product from Grimes and Sons, water based stain that I apply with a lambswool applicator, kind of like mopping but a bit tidier and less splash. Also trying to get the four rooms painted that we are carpeting and the carpet can get laid next week or the one after as well. I think it should come together fairly quickly from here but won't hold my breath. I've also got too work on the bathroom vanities, light sand and varnish so they are ready to install when the bathrooms are ready for them...just reminds me I have to pick up taps today! Maurice was out there yesterday doing some finishing trim on the loungeroom sliders as well as fixing a door jamb that was terribly installed and finishing the trim on my kitchen and ensuite windows. Waz and his mate Thom were out there last night laying some levelling concrete in the edges of the lounge room, they were just a bit messy and gauged out for some reason. I'm sure the boys had fun driving the Dodge out there which is now registered and operational which is very exciting! I'll have to put a pic up ASAP. Also we have two more fence posts to put in and we'll be right to build the house yard fence...finally! And before I sign off, below is a pic of some produce we are already getting from the farm, some lovely potatoes, corn, beetroot and zuchini! YUM!
The vegies


The Kitchen - half done


Our Bedroom Doors DONE!

2 comments:

  1. I know! And I claim all credit for stripping paint, sanding and staining the things! Stripping paint is SO not fun and NOT easy in case anyone was wondering!

    ReplyDelete